Thursday, January 12, 2012

I dumped my bank

I recently dumped my bank TCF because they started a monthly maintenance fee. They also told me that even though my account was closed, it could be reopened if a third party tries to deposit to it. This got me a little scared. Then I read horror stories of people who had to close their accounts multiple times incurring all kinds of inactivity and overdraft fees along the way.

I dumped my bank and opened an account at my local credit union. Credit unions are pretty much banks, but they tend to have better service and better rates. I suppose some people avoid credit unions because they tend to be hyper local, but my credit union, Spire, is part of a national coop of credit unions so I can bank at any of them as if it were a branch of my home credit union.

No comments:

Post a Comment